Σάββατο 16 Ιανουαρίου 2010

Review on Nervisequin - demo (2009)


Is there any bigger problem for a young group, than its rushing for music creation? NO!!! From what I know, your influences should be adjusted in YOUR music, and not adjusting your ideas in THEIR music. That’s the problem with this band, NERVISEQUIN..

From the moment I got in my hands the demo, something got me a bit preoccupied… All those colours, have I seen only in [lat]-ernative (it doesn’t need any correction).And it happens to be my cleaning day… and as I inserted the disk to my player and turn to go make some work, I froze, and returned to see WHAT THE HELL HAVE I BEEN LISTENING TO!!!!

I Just got a little confused. I thought I was listening to System of a down. anyway, the song starts, “reserve”… Its name,(it could easily be the continuity of System of a down’s “hypnotize)!!! The vocals, the guitar parts, the drums… all lead to small comparison with System of a down. So I sat down expecting to hear something different.

Second track? “Scarlet”...The group named Muse, in a metalhead’s mind, could mean nothing at all. Though, for those who anticipated MTV, or even MADTV in the past few year, they will surely know very well who they are.I personally consider them from the few true musicians in the system of alternative rock-metal music. I still consider it as [lat]-ernative. Thus, cut and sewed is this track, and the voice continues reminding Daron Malakian (what a surname, funny one for the greeks).

Next in the row comes “Every part of the world”…basically if you throw a good ear and listen to it EXCESSIVELY CAREFULLY you will find material from songs of System of a down, Muse, and for all those who have just hardly cleaned their ears, they will also find Metallica... As said before, this track seems to have escaped from System of a down’s “steal this album. Even the “lalalalala….” theme from 02:28 and afterwards makes it even more obvious.

In the end they leave with “retaliate”... some may listen something from a greek band named Tsopana rave a “Dos mou dyo katostarika”, I happen to prefer this song the most, in comparison with the others. Don’t ask why, I don’t know...

In my opinion the whole demo lacks of inspiration and still needs work to be done.

And as always, it needs a lot of patience. Don’t forget that many bands have been writing songs for years and years, based on some old ideas they once had.

But, please don’t take as an example Guns ‘n’ Roses’ “chinese democracy”….....

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου