Σάββατο 16 Ιανουαρίου 2010

Review on The Silent Rage - Promo (2009)


If there was someone to tell me after 3 years that the band named Silent Rage released an album just magnificent, the only thing I would do is LAUGH! The ones that have in their hands the rehearsal demo of 2006 named “Perished In Flames” should now know that we are talking for a totally new band! Almost new line up, almost new name (now called “The Silent Rage”), and some new songs with much greater sound, are the ones fulfilling the promo of their forthcoming album, that I have in my hands!
Still on the European melodic power metal sound using clear high pitch vocals, and some more “evil” ones! We are hearing a loud and clear, modern and heavy, but most important of all, CLEAN production. Obviously someone in there is influenced by late Stratovarius and as said before, the European power metal scene with a lot of keys used, not of my kind, but used correct and in an appropriate amount!
The promo begins with “Perished In Flames”, already heard in their 2006 demo...
Completely new, and much better with some very catchy rhythms, maybe reminding you sometimes Iron Maiden from the “Somewhere In Time period”.
Next comes “Leading The Legions”, in my opinion the most awkward song... a song that could easily be a metalcore or a progressive song. We have very good melodies but with too much use of keyboards, and the “evil” vocals remind me a lot of all these melodic-death/metalcore groups that have broken into the metal scene the last few years! Also its closing has a very nice solo accompanied with some “touching” on the keys
The following song is “Wings Of Tragedy”, a song that could easily be a Mystic Prophecy one! At least from the “Never Ending” period…That’s what also makes it my personally favorite of the promo! The first minute is a usual intro with solos, keys, but then follows a tremendous chorus. In some may also remind something from the new Sonata Artica album, that is darker and more moody.
The biggest in duration song “Silent Rage” belongs to the kind of songs that start as a mid tempo song and in a moment the whole scenery changes, and the songs turns into a feast of sounds, and right now we are for sure talking for their most progressive moment! I believe it fits them well.
As in their 2006 demo, the one closing the demo is “Litany Of Imprisoned Souls”.
As the rest (except “Silent Rage”) of the tracks, this one’s also waving round 4 and half minutes! For my taste the less touching song we got but not a bad song.
I already said about their very clean sound, something very pleasing for me, since my last sounds from this band were from a rehearsal being recorded! I should not forget to mention that The Silent Rage have recently taken part in the Greek Rock Hard compilation with Greek metal bands, with the song “Leading The Legions”.
I’m not very good with the terms on every kind of music; I just categorize them based on similar sounds, that’s why I would put the The Silent Rage, next to the ones called neoclassical metal bands, such as Evil Masquerade, Fatal Force…
Let me just wish them luck in their searching for a record label to release their début album entitled “Inner Scars”…

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου